Director of the Indiana University Network Science Institute (IUNI)
Member of the Center for Complex Networks and Systems Research (CNetS)
Professor at the Luddy School of Informatics, Computing, and Engineering (SICE)
Indiana University, Bloomington, USA
- Our book A first course in network science, coauthored with Filippo Menczer and Clayton Davis, is available via Amazon! Possibly the most accessible textbook on the topic, requiring only minimal background in math and programming, it includes almost 200 exercises and Python tutorials (one for each chapter), that will teach students how to play with networks from scratch. It has been ranked number 1 in the list of Amazon's hot new releases in physics!
- Since January 2020 I am a member of the editorial board of Quantitative Science Studies, the official open access journal of the International Society for Scientometrics and Informetrics
- I am PI of AccelNet-MultiNet (October 2019-September 2024), a $1.9M NSF funded project that will establish the first international exchange program in network science. See our press release
- I am Chair of Networks 2021, possibly the largest conference on networks in history, which will be held in Washington DC on July 6-11, 2021
- I am a co-PI in a $5M grant from the Minerva Research Initiative (July 2019-August 2024), aiming at uncovering the basic laws ruling science dynamics. Here is a press release
- Since April 2018, I am the director of the Indiana University Network Science Institute (IUNI)
- The paper on the DREAM Challenge on Disease Module Identification in genetic networks is finally out in Nature Methods
- If you want to know why Nobel Laureates are almost the same as us, take a look at our paper in Nature Reviews Physics!
- Check out new great maps of the rat's brain in our PNAS paper!
- Our review article on the science of science has been published in Science magazine (Science 359, eaao0185, 2018). Big team effort with an amazing group of scientists
Last modified on May the 8th, 2020